The functions of the Community shall be to:
- Provide relevant fora to promote friendship and cooperation among its members, partners and stakeholders to exchange information, knowledge, technologies and experience.
- Develop and recommend to its members the appropriate measures including the strategically important policies and programs to address identified problems and opportunities.
- Facilitate measures to increase global coconut production and productivity.
- Encourage member countries to maximize the economic benefits from existing and emerging markets through downstream processing of high quality products.
- Promote efforts to expand and diversify trade of coconut products among its members and increase opportunities for meetings between buyers and sellers as well as producers and processors.
- Promote the positive attributes of coconut products and counter any adverse publicity against the products.
- Collaborate with existing international bodies to reduce trade barriers and restrictions.
- Harmonize quality standards for coconut products and assist members to meet these standards.
- Assist its members to develop their research agenda based on industry needs and promote collaboration among countries and partners.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate information for coconut development to meet the needs of member countries.
- Facilitate training of member countries on relevant aspects of coconut development.
- Assist member countries mobilize resources by linking them with potential donor institutions as needed.